TURNER SAFETY now offers a Train the Trainer program for Respiratory Silica Hazards in the workplace. This license is good for Construction & General Industry applications.
Prerequisite/ NONE. It is recommended that the Trainer have at least a 30 HR OSHA certificate in construction safety. We license you to train others for up to 5 years. Get your certificate and wallet card the same day. As a Qualified Trainer, you will be authorized to train your own employees and issue your own student wallet cards.
The staggering death rate of 74 million workers affected by Silicosis from 1968-2002 has in the last few years. However, the new standards enacted over the last few months will potentially save lives, and as a result the mortality rate should drop to 93%.
STOP SILICOSIS! OSHA REQUIRES THIS TRAINING FOR ALL WORKERS WHO ARE EXPOSED TO SILICA HAZARDS.
What you need to know:
- WHAT IS SILICA?
- WHAT ARE THE HEALTH HAZARDS?
- WHAT ARE THE HUMAN EXPOSURE LIMITS?
- WHAT CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES CA– USE SILICOSIS?
- CONTROL MEASURES TO STOP EXPOSURE
- PROPER PPE FOR RESPIRATORY PROTECTION
- HOW TO WRITE A CONTROL PLAN
* CLASSES with less than 10 students may be rescheduled. All safety classes are payable in advance. Cancellation with less than 1 week written notice is non-refundable. Students will be placed in a future class if they cancel or “no show” with less than 1 week notice. Minimum class size requirements are subject to change without notice.